Victim of Assault

Compensation for Victims of Crime

If you have been a victim of a crime, such as an assault which leads to a physical or psychological injury, you may have several avenues to claim compensation for your injuries.

If you have been a victim of crime you will be able to make a claim for Victims compensation. Your should lodge this claim via the on-line claim form on the Victims Services website.

However, this may not be your only option to claim for compensation for your injuries.

You may also be entitled to claim compensation from the offender, personally. However, such a claim will only be viable if the offender has assets to pursue.

Also, if you are a victim of a crime which has occurred in a public place, such as a pub or a nightclub, you may be entitled to claim compensation from the venue.

If you have a viable claim against the offender, or a third party we are prepared to help you on a 'no win/no fee' basis. This means you won't have to pay for the work we do on your behalf unless we bring a successful claim for you, and you receive a lump sum of damages.

If you have been a victim of child abuse or sexual abuse whilst under the care of an organisation or person please refer to our “Abuse” page on this website.

Legal fees

We offer a fully funded “no win, no fee” arrangement. This means you do not have to pay for our time, effort or expertise while we secure your compensation. Our fees are only payable if and when your damages are paid. The institution will also have to contribute to those fees and expenses.

We also fund the cost of expenses such as the fees to recover records and the cost of medical reports. This means you will not be put to any expense while we pursue your claim.

At RMB Lawyers, we understand how difficult it is for Victims of Crime to call us or step into our offices. We are experienced in these matters and always act with kindness and compassion.

If you are a victim of a crime and wish to discuss your claim on an obligation free basis, please email us via this website or contact our office on 1800 681 211 to speak to one of our specialist compensation lawyers.


Free Claim Assessment Application Form