Relocation Issues

If there are current parenting orders in place and you want to relocate with your child, an application can be made to the Court asking for the Court's permission to allow you to relocate with your child.

Further, an application can be made by the other parent if a parent has already located with the child without the other parents consent, for that parent to return with the child.

In matters involving relocation issues, it is up to the Court to resolve the issues and arrive at a decision as to what is in the best interests of the child.

Please contact the RMB Family & Relationships Law Division if you would like to discuss relocation orders in more depth and/or specific to your matter.