For the purposes of Family Law matters, changes to the terminology associated with parenting of children have been made over the years. Previously common references were made to the concepts of "custody" and "access". Nowadays instead of parents having "custody" or "access" to a child, a child is now said to "reside" or have "contact" with a parent. These items can generally be resolved through Parenting Plans or Parenting Orders.