Occupational Health & Safety
Our approach to Work Health and Safety is aimed at minimising the risk of injuries in the workplace and the potential for reputational risk and criminal prosecution of our clients.
With increasing responsibility on company directors and officers, and penalties including jail terms and severe fines (for which individual officers can be liable), the ongoing operation of your business and its future are at stake when facing an investigation or prosecution.
Our experienced lawyers will work closely with you to develop a thorough understanding of your health and safety and legislative requirements, drafting and implementing policies and procedures to protect your business.
Ongoing training on compliance issues and risk management is essential. We tailor and deliver training appropriate to your industry and workplace.
We have the experience and the expertise to advise and support employers through investigations, including those involving fatalities and/or serious injury, to defend prosecutions and provide advice about alternative options such as enforceable undertakings and to provide representation before the courts or during coronial inquiries.
Our services include:
- Providing strategic and commercially astute advice on minimising exposure to workplace safety risk.
- Identifying and implementing reasonable and practical measures which can be taken to meet liability and duty of care requirements.
- Development of workplace safety management systems, policies and procedures
- Training in workplace safety
- Advice and representation in WH&S related investigations, disputes and prosecutions