Workplace & Employment Law
Workplace law and the rights and obligations of employers, HR managers and employees is evolving quickly. This evolution has accelerated due to the effects on employer/employee relationships of high speed technology, rapid changes in government policy and employee’s often having several different careers in their lifetimes.
RMB Lawyers’ Workplace and Employment Law team operates across Federal and State legislation, industrial instruments and case law with respect to the current and emerging rights and obligations of employers and employees.
Whilst many people see workplace law as nothing more than hiring and firing, workplace and employment law can he complex.
Our team provides clear advice and positive results quickly and efficiently.
The key areas of the workplace relationship which we can assist with include:
- Design and implementation of best practice employment systems.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing employment contracts or workplace agreements
- Drafting workplace policies and handbooks.
- Performance management of employees.
- Employment considerations when buying or selling a business.
- Employment considerations when starting a business.
- Resolving employment disputes.
- Structuring and implementation of the termination of employment.
- Structuring and implementation of redundancies and workplace change.
- Workforce restructures.
- Unfair dismissal claims.
- Sexual harassment claims.
- Discrimination claims.
- Defending workplace bullying applications
- Breach of contract disputes.
- Restraint of trade disputes.
- Protection of intellectual property.
- Employment in the context of injury and disability.
- Independent workplace investigations.
- Compliance with Modern Award requirements.
- Settlement agreements
- Profit sharing systems.
- Work, Health & Safety considerations