RMB Lawyers' focus on delivering great outcomes for our customers has resulted in a string of awards, from national recognition for the firm's contribution to higher standards for the legal industry to Illawarra-based awards focused squarely on delivering the best possible service.
In 2009 RMB was named NSW Employer of Choice (in the category for businesses with more than 50 employees) in the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
In 2007 and 2009 RMB Managing Partner Craig Osborne was named Illawarra Business Person of the Year at the Integral Energy Illawarra Business Awards, in recognition for the way he had re-invigorated Wollongong's oldest legal firm, maintaining high-quality standards and performance while retaining a commitment to RMB's heritage.
RMB has also been named Business of the Year for the past three years (2008, 2009 and 2010) in the Crown Street Mall Awards for businesses located within Wollongong's central Mall.
In 2005 Craig received the Philip King Memorial Award - a national accolade for the individual considered to have provided leadership to the legal profession on issues such as best practice, quality and continuous improvement.
Craig's award came after RMB was used as the test bed for the implementation of LAW 9000 - a new certification scheme for the legal industry developed by QL Inc and SAI Global (formerly Standards Australia) which incorporated the international ISO 9001 management standard.
Craig championed LAW 9000 and RMB subsequently became the first legal practice in Australia to earn accreditation for the new standard.
QL Inc Chairman Patrick Fair said the Philip King Memorial Award recognised Craig's efforts in:
- leading his firm from QL to be the first to gain LAW 9000 certification
- working with SAI Global and QL as the pilot for LAW 9000 certification
- advising and assisting other firms working towards LAW 9000 certification
- Illawarra Business Awards 2011
RMB's awards in recent years include:
- Australian Law Awards - Regional Law Firm of the Year 2015
- LexisNexis Legal Innovation Index Winner 2015
- ALPMA InfoTrack Thought Leadership Awards - 2015 Finalist
- Hall of Fame Wollongong CBD Business Awards 2014
- Momentum Energy Illawarra Business Awards, Excellence in Business Award 2014
- Momentum Energy Illawarra Business Awards, Excellence in Professional & Commercial Services Award 2013
- Origin Illawarra Business Awards Excellence in Professional and Commercial Services 2012
- Illawarra Business Awards, Customer Service 2011
- Illawarra Business Awards, Professional and Commercial 2011
- Crown Street Mall Awards, Hall of Fame 2011
- NSW Business Chamber Awards, Excellence in Business Sustainability 2010
- Illawarra Business Awards, Excellence in Business Sustainability 2010
- NSW Business Chamber Awards, NSW Employer of Choice (for businesses with more than 50 employees) 2009
- Crown Street Mall Awards, Employee of the Year 2009 - Tracy Lawson
- Crown Street Mall Awards, Retailer/Business of the Year 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Illawarra Business Awards, Business Person of the Year 2007 and 2009 - Craig Osborne
- Australian Muslim Achievement Awards, Best New Community Project 2007
- Phillip King Memorial Award 2005 - Craig Osborne
- Illawarra Business Awards, Excellence in Customer Service 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2011
- Illawarra Business Awards, Innovation 2004
- Law 9000 Accreditation (first in Australia) 2004
- Crown Street Mall Awards, Business Services 2003, 2005 and 2007
- Crown Street Mall Awards, Best Owner Operator 2003