Business, Banking & Leasing Law
Our Business, Banking & Leasing division is well recognised in the Illawarra and beyond for its high level skills, practical application of the law and great client service.
It can assist you with:
- Business – the key area of work here is the sale and purchases of businesses including franchises, advising and documenting mergers and acquisitions through all stages.
- Structures – the modern business firm requires high level assistance and advice. Our Business, Banking & Leasing division provides just that with respect to business structures, self managed super fund lending, joint ventures and arrangements, mergers and acquisitions, trusts (unit, discretionary and hybrid), unit and shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, buy/sell agreements, business succession planning, advice to sole traders and medical associateships. The lawyers in the division have a great deal of experience in dealing with disputes in partnerships and share/unit holder agreements. We have an excellent track record when dealing with companies small and large, their constitutions, minutes and resolutions, directors and their duties.
- Leasing – we are experts in leases and agreements for lease whether they be for retail or non retail premises.
- Banking – we are heavily involved in the law and preparation of documentation relating to banking and finance, loan contracts, security documents, mortgages and discharges, mortgage enforcement, company charges and personal goods mortgages.
- Self Managed Super Fund Lending - In recent history many people have seen their savings in their superannuation fund take a dive. In light of this more and more people are considering putting their savings into a self managed super fund (“SMSF”) as a strategy for their retirement savings
The benefits of having a SMSF include:
- People have control over choosing their own investment strategy for their retirement;
- If set up and administered in accordance with law, SMSFs are entitled to receive significant tax concessions;
- Recent changes in legislation allow SMSFs to acquire a greater variety of investment assets including borrowing to acquire property.
The team at RMB Lawyers have SMSF specialists and can put you in contact with Financial advisers and accountants who can help you set up and run your SMSF.